College of Arts & Sciences
At the UNM Psychology Department, you will have the opportunity to work with outstanding faculty in the classroom, and in research. We strive to help you attain the highest level of competency and also work to prepare you as a professional in your career. Our team will do their best to help you through the program every step of the way.
To obtain a B.A. in Psychology a student must complete satisfactorily 36 credit hours in Psychology and should minor in an A&S-eligible department other than Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics. These 36 Psychology credits must include:
- Psychology 105 (3 credits)
- Psychology 200 (3 credits)
- Four courses (12 credits) selected from our five 200 level core courses:
- PSYCH 220, PSYCH 240, PSYCH 260, PSYCH 265, PSYCH 271
- Psychology 302 (3 credits)
- Four courses (12 credits) at the 300 level or above
- Three credits of Psychology electives
- The 33 hours required for a major can include no more than 6 hours of PSYCH 499.